Thursday 23 May 2013

ONE: Maria das Graças P Chaves


 Maria das Graças P Chaves
A challenge I overcame: 
To be able to speak in public, I overcame shyness.
A dream for my future: To finish my college.
A hope for the global community: That humanity reaches peace.

Maria is one of the three local educators here at Meninadança's Pink House.  Maria's area of expertise is the beauty salon, where I was treated to that nail-painting in my first week.  She has training in beautician skills which she passes along to the girls whilst also providing them with a relaxing space to treat themselves, value themselves and reflect on their beauty inside and out, whilst chattering away (hopefully!) about the theme-of-the-week.  

Like Cristina and Aline, Maria also participates in the art activities and the conversation circles.   Here are her creations during our week of introducing Human Rights.

A generation.  Transformation. God

É um prazer Maria estar aqui conhecendo a você, esperando muito as semanas que vêm.
Um abraço
:-)

No comments:

Post a Comment